1. Deputy for an Administrative Support person for a maternity leave period
2. Providing administrative support to the local Customer Support Manager and the Service Team
3. Supporting the department in preparation of quotations for new business opportunities, turning these opportunities into business and contracts, administrating variations against existing contracts
4. Supporting the department in daily, operational tasks and processes e.g. purchasing, order management, invoicing, repair handling, logistics, inventory and customer/supplier data management
5. Daily customer and supplier contact
Main duties of the position
Administrative Support – Denmark & Finland
1. Providing back office support to the local Customer Support Manager and the Service Team
• Occasional support to other Nordic countries
2. Supporting turning new opportunities into business and ensuring business continuity
• Read and understand Requests for Quotation (RFQ)
• Collate all the relevant correspondence and pricing information to compile a finished quotation for submission to the customer
• Prepare data and request new contract creation
• Administrate variations against existing contracts
3. Supporting the department in daily, operational tasks and processes e.g. purchasing, order management, invoicing, repair handling, logistics, inventory and customer/supplier data management
• Raise Purchase Requests/Orders on 3rd Party Suppliers for services, resource or materials
• Ensure customer PO is received, confirmed and ordering process started
• Manage Service Orders of service works required
• Manage repair process from receiving customer items for repair, sending and tracking them through the repair cycle till receiving them back and ensuring the return to a customer
• Manage logistic requirements, receiving and shipping goods including export control requirements
• Receive and verify supplier invoices
• Control and verify outgoing customer invoices
• Administrate inventory and control the inventory value
• Ensure correctness of customer and supplier data
• Collate information & updating reports
• Interface with internal departments such as Order Management, Repair Center, Finance teams, Order Scheduling, Sales, Engineering
4. General office administration: arranging meetings, office supplies, support the procurement of team IT requirements e.g. laptops, phones and accessories and resources for work e.g. tools, work and security clothing
Preferably a diploma or equivalent in Business Studies or a related discipline.
At least 3 years demonstrable experience of supporting a department, commercial management or a service/project organisation within a global business environment. Ideally, this will include exposure to service sales and contract management and be in a telecommunications field but could also be in an IT, civil engineering, construction, armed forces or defence background. The Administrative Support individual should have a working knowledge of basic business processes and office tools.
Many of our customers are from within the Government & Public safety sector where security clearance is required to gain access to documentation and to work on secure projects.
Relevant security clearances are required to perform this role.
Considering the high degree of customer contact and multiple company internal interfaces, communication skills are vital. The Administrative Support person will be expected to be presentable and business like at all times, confident in approach and confident in meeting environments. The person will be working with a diverse team of people with diverse backgrounds and skills. The individual is required to have, and be prepared to use, a wide range of interpersonal skills to keep the team focused and motivated on the task in hand.
Internal departments and teams (Sales, Finance, Order Mgmt, Engineering, Repair Center etc) Nature of Communication
Face-to-face, telephone, emails, meetings
The Administrative Support person must be able to work with a high degree of independent action whilst complying with the business standard practices and those of the organisations, thus ensuring consistency of approach. The individual must be able to strive for win-win situations whilst formulating customer responses. They will need good communication skills and be able to cope with heavy pressure from the customer’s and company internal timescales.
The individual must be self motivated, willing to learn, and be prepared once assigned to a task to take the initiative to complete the task. They should be open to new ways of working and be creative in looking for efficiencies.
This position fully supports the goals of the organisation. Successful customer contacts, fast and high quality processing of requests, orders and other operational tasks directly impacts our business going forward and the profitability of the organisation.
SPAN OF CONTROL
The Administrative Support will not have direct reports. They will work in a matrix management organisation in which staff from the department and the Customer Support Manager are their primary internal interface but continue to report on a line basis to their own resource manager. The Administrative Support individual have to use their interpersonal skills and assertiveness to influence and control the multi-disciplined team.
Reports to the Team Leader of Services Support Team and in dotted line to Customer Support Manager
The position of the Administrative Support is highly responsible and requires a high degree of flexibility and adaptability. The individual needs to be proactive, forward thinking and commercially astute.