Service Transition Manager
The customer’s IT department is currently undergoing a significant transformation in the delivery and operations of IT services and there is a need to establish a Service Transition function, ensuring the effective end to end support and operation across IT Infrastructure and IT Applications domains.
The customer is looking for a freelance consultant who might be interested in a permanent position with drive and ambition to be part of a Service Transition function that manages the transition of all types of projects into a stable Operations and Support setup. Your primary focus will be to ensure a Service Transition that equally balances the need for delivering agile projects and for ensuring stable and high performing delivery of Services.
- Gather input from stakeholders to improve/develop the Service Transition process, procedures, and templates
- Be the link between projects and Operations regarding fit to best practice standard operating and support models that projects can transition their services to
- Ensure that the end-to-end Operations and Support model for the specific project is delivered in close cooperation with all key stakeholders
- Ensure that new vendor contracts are established according to the service architecture and the relevant support and operations model
- Represent the Operations team in the project to define and implement service acceptance criteria for both new and changing services and identify and manage Operations risks ensuring a successful transition to service
- Ensure a formal project sign-off from all key stakeholders and participate in end-to-end stakeholder groups to improve the efficiency of the current and future Service Transition process.
- Degree in computer science, business administration, engineering or similar
- A couple of years of experience working as a Project Manager, Specialist or similar within IT Operations or Service Delivery Management
- Experience in Risk Management, development of processes and governance models and management or project management experience
- Knowledge of Service Management and the ITIL framework
- Knowledge of/experience with Dev/Ops delivery models
- Experience with Cloud & agile ways of working
- A high interest safeguarding the transition of services to Operations and Support maintaining a balance between agile delivery and a stable operation
- Good abilities in presenting information and convey your knowledge in a structured and systematic form
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders and bring consensus to discussions
- Ability to work efficiently in a multicultural environment
- Good coordination skills working with internal and external resources.
- Experience with objective setting and drive an activity to completion.
- Understanding of infrastructure and application layers and different technologies in a medium-large scale enterprise environment.
Location: Central Jutland
6 months freelance + extension in permanent position if both parties agree