Software Asset Manager / SAM Operations Analyst
The consultant is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of software asset management, ensuring compliance with license agreements, optimizing software usage, and providing support to end-users.
The consultant will:
- Provide support to end-users on software licensing and usage.
- Monitor software usage and license compliance.
- Analyze software usage data to identify optimization opportunities.
- Develop and maintain SAM documentation and procedures.
- Provide SAM reports and metrics to SAM management.
- Collaborate with SAM team members and other departments to ensure compliance and optimization.
- Manage and support the complete Software Application Lifecycle, interfacing SAM tools e.g., SNOW and processes with other tools (Service Now).
- Interface and communicate frequently with the Divisional teams across the group to advise on application usage and deployment as well as re-harvesting opportunities.
- Manage the application licensing administration processes alongside IT Procurement.
- Drive the development of a mature software catalogue and the interface with software asset management.
- Manage IT procurement processes for software and SaaS solutions.
- Drive efficiencies and cost-savings, continually through software metering and monitoring and, as part of the annual business planning process.
The consultant must have:
- Previous experience in License operations.
- Experience working in a large global business environment.
- Understanding of ITIL Service Management.
- Process-oriented (process improvement).
- A continuous improvement mindset.
- Analytical skills.
In addition, the following will be nice to have:
- Strong knowledge of software asset management principles and practices.
- Familiarity with software license agreements and compliance requirements.
- Proficiency in SAM tools and technologies.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Data driven.
- Experience with contract negotiation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Licensing options.
Previous work experience with:
Snow, ServiceNow, Basic AD knowledge, Azure Marketplace/other online portal experience.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in software asset management, in a License Operations role, or related field.
- Experience working in global enterprise organizations is a plus.
- Contract background could also be desirable.
- Certifications like CSAM and ITIL Foundation is a plus.
When: Starting ASAP – 6 months.
Location: Central Jutland – combination of onsite and remote.